3/9/11 9:41 AM

(2) Comments

24/25 ish weeks along.....

Beej & Chris




















Almost 24 weeks with Kaylee


Almost 25 weeks with Connor

I Just got back from the doctors office. Things are going pretty good. This baby boy is very very very active! I love it! With Kaylee I would have to sit and focus on kicks but with Connor I wake up to go to the bathroom and almost cant fall back asleep because he is kicking so hard. We saw a different doctor today because my doctor is out of town and the first thing he said was "wow- this baby is very active". Yes- yes he is.

I am starting to feel a little more uncomfortable. I am definitely bigger at 25 weeks than I was with my first pregnancy and I feel everything in more intensity than before. I have braxton hicks contractions off and on, good ole' round ligament pain, and just recently sciatic nerve pain (which I had never experienced before now). Feeling these pains now makes me realize even more how blessed I was with a super easy pregnancy with Kaylee. Don't get me wrong, I still feel super blessed it is just a little more uncomfortable.

The doctor told me today "A few pointers.... we usually get more ladies come in with false labor with their second than with their first, because with your first you don't feel when your body is contracting and dilating but with your second you feel it all. So women think they are in labor but they are just feeling the contractions they didn't feel with the first one." I am glad he told me that because I worry sometimes about the menstrual cramps I have on and off (especially recently), so this really helped calm my nerves.


** I also look a little more puffy in my pregnancy picture than I did before. My systolic blood pressure went up from 116 to 135. My diastolic stayed the same in the mid 60's so the doctor wasn't worried. I feel ok now but it makes me a little nervous since with Kaylee my systolic stayed in the low 106-116 all the time and never jumped up. I also have had the crazy feeling that this baby will come early. I don't know how early or if it will even happen but it has just been a gut feeling for awhile. But all in all things are going really good. **
2 Responses to "24/25 ish weeks along....."
Nina said :
March 9, 2011 at 8:37 PM
Christie, you are so cute!! I just love your prego pictures, you look adorable. That's so fun feeling more. I am sorry about the sciatic pain, I had that too and it really hurts. I would be walking fine at work, then be limping because it was so painful sometimes. That is no fun. I wonder if you will go earlier with this one, it will be interesting to see. And you'll probably want to if he's so active and will be probably kicking you in the ribs! :) I'm so excited for you!
Julie said :
March 15, 2011 at 12:45 PM
I love her birthday cake! you are not that much bigger than last time. I think though that things are already stretched out so you do show a little earlier. It is amazing how different babies are my daughter was way active and my son was not so much, but of course he was almost 11 lbs so not very much room to move around at the end.

Post a Comment