3/18/11 12:09 PM

(2) Comments

Motherhood...an emotional rollercoaster

Beej & Chris


Kaylee and I had the best morning. She cuddled with me while she drank her milk. I gave her a ride on her toy car that she got for her birthday from Grandma Scott. We marched around the house. I would yell "Attention!" and put my hands on the side of my legs and Kaylee would copy me and yell "Attention" the best way she knew how and then we would march around the house while she giggled. We told secrets to each other. I would say "I need to tell you a secret" and she would put her ear up next to my mouth and I would whisper and she would giggle. She then put her mouth up next to my ear and said, "shhh shhhh". It was just a good morning.
** here is a video of Kaylee saying "attention"**

** this video is Kaylee telling secrets**

THEN NAP TIME CAME......


Kaylee is developing her personality more and more in these past few weeks and only likes eating certain foods. She likes fruit and really anything sweet. I try and try to give her veggies and meat but it is usually a big battle with Kaylee throwing the food on the floor and closing her mouth so tight so I cant sneak any in her mouth and me saying "Kaylee just try it!". What a little stinker. Needless to say she didn't eat very much this morning. She wouldn't even eat the banana (which she always eats). So I figured she was just tired since she was rubbing her eyes I would put her down for a nap. She kept whining on and off for what seemed like FOREVER. I knew she was tired so I tried bringing her milk....brought her some more milk.....brought in some ibuprofen....NOTHING worked. After an hour 1/2 of this. I went in and said "Kaylee what is going on?!" She squints her eyes and makes this silly face and just giggles. SERIOUSLY. I take her out of her crib because she is obviously not going to go to sleep even though she looks EXHAUSTED. Kaylee is smiling and happy as can be.


I then put her in the bath and attempt to try to feed her some rice. Thinking she must not have slept because she was still hungry. NOPE. I tried one more thing. Left over noodle soup. She gobbled it up. Saying "yummm" with every bite. By this time I don't know what to do. Be frustrated, relieved or just laugh.


Kaylee then starts shaking her booty, giving me loves, and then started making the silliest faces forcing me to laugh. Motherhood is definitely an emotional roller coaster. One minute I am sooo frustrated and ready to lock myself in a room with the radio up high so I don't hear whining or crying and then next minute I am the happiest I have ever been because I get to spend my day with such a cute and loving Kaylee girl. I love being a mom!
2 Responses to "Motherhood...an emotional rollercoaster"
the laytons. said :
March 18, 2011 at 8:24 PM
I LOVE the secrets!!! ha ha Super cute! It is amazing how our sweet little girls can push us hard til we think we'll break but turn around and just give you one look and it all goes away! That is their secret! I wish i knew how they did it :) It really is the best to be a mom! You are such an awesome mom Christie.
Nina said :
March 21, 2011 at 11:53 PM
I loved this post! I get so tired sometimes and just want to leave and be alone for a while, but then I see that cute face and all those feelings go away. It makes me feel better that you do feel that way too sometimes.

Post a Comment