3/2/11 10:29 AM

(0) Comments

PREGNANCY CRAVINGS

Beej & Chris

This baby boy sure brings on a lot of food cravings for me! They are intense and very sporadic. With Kaylee I hardly ever ate meat and definitely never craved it. Well- yesterday afternoon I was craving pork with mashed potatoes and salad and then by the evening it was Chinese food. Then this morning at 6 am I wanted those circus candy peanuts. I have also craved a lot of fruits and vegetables. Some cravings are more intense than others..... Well, last night BJ survived my last very intense food craving- Chinese food. I say survived because it was touch and go for a little bit. The night before last I had just finished cooking some meatballs for dinner, but all I could think of was Chinese food. We had an hour before the Jazz game and Kaylee was still taking a nap so we decided to hold off and try getting Chinese food another night.


Last night we went to support BJ's amazing dad as he got the Silver Beaver award (this is one of the highest awards you can get in scouting and one that you have to be nominated for- so it was a BIG deal!). We finished around 8:30pm and BJ and I hadn't eaten dinner yet so we decided tonight would be a good night to find a good take-out Chinese place. After driving for a little bit, we found the Ho Ho Gourmet Chinese Restaurant with an option of take-out. I haven't had Chinese food for well over a year if not two years, so I was having a hard time knowing what the names of the things I wanted. After looking at the menu, I gave BJ the list of things I wanted but that I didn't know the name of one of the things but that I could describe it to him. After describing it to him he became very stressed and said "I don't know what that is. What if they don't know what it is? I want to get you something you will eat!" I told him, just describe it the way I just did to you and tell that that your wife is pregnant! After more conversation and more stress and seeing BJ's panic face a few times, I decided to go in and order myself. I walked in and said, "ok. I haven't had Chinese food in a long time. But I am pregnant and this is what I HAVE to have." They just laughed and helped me find all that I wanted and was craving.


We then got in the car and the smell was OVERWHELMING. I couldn't handle it. It was making me nauseous. So I rolled down my window and said, "BJ what if after all this hard work I cant eat it because its smells?". BJ just smiled and said, "then we go and find something that you can eat. You are pregnant and need to eat." At this point I am emotional and just in awe of the husband I have. I can't express my gratitude to BJ enough! He endures pregnancy hormones, sickness, and my complaints better than I could ever imagine. He never complains and does all he can to make me comfortable. I am so in love with BJ Tenney! Thank you again!!!
0 Responses to "PREGNANCY CRAVINGS"

Post a Comment