8/30/11 2:17 PM

(0) Comments

Lagoon 2011

Beej & Chris

A fun tradition that BJ's parents have started to do is get all the kids and grand kids together for a lagoon day. Last year we took Kaylee and my little brother Nate and just took turns riding rides. This year we brought Nathan along with us as well and did the same thing- but this time Kaylee got to ride a few rides herself!


This is a picture of the first ride we went on- the Jumping Dragon. She wasn't quite sure what to expect. Once the ride started she just held my hand and then as it went faster she started to yell but quietly and never started crying. She did hold on to me pretty tight afterwards though.

We decided that ride was a little fast so we attempted to take her on the really little kid ride- Bulgy. She kept pointing at it and was really excited to get in it and ride.

Buckling her in...

She started out doing good

But then she lost eye contact. She kept trying to look for us but couldn't find us so she got scared.


And cried and cried until it was over :(

So we cuddled afterwards :)
It didn't help that it was past nap time at this point though either. BJ then went on a few rides with my little brother Nate while I walked around with Kaylee and Connor.

Shortly after BJ took Kaylee AND Connor (being the amazing husband he is) home for naps while Nate and I went on a few rides together. We then attempted one more ride with Kaylee.....
Puff the Magic Dragon



BJ took a video of Kaylee and I on "puff". I laugh everytime I watch it because she has her legs spread out and is holding on as tight as she can to the sides.

After lunch and naps we took the kids swimming. I sent BJ with Nathans friend to go down some of the slides while Kaylee, Connor, and Nate and I relaxed.

I snapped a picture right as Connor sneezed.

It was nice to just have some time to talk to Connor while Kaylee was busy playing.


Kaylee finds rocks to play with wherever she goes....even Lagoon!

What a fun dad!

This is the age where it is 'not cool' to take a picture with your older sister.







Wedgie ;)




In line for the train ride



Apprently nobody else knew that we were playing 'serious face'- I guess I won :)


It was a great day. Hopefully next year Kaylee will enjoy the rides a little bit more lol
0 Responses to "Lagoon 2011"

Post a Comment