12 years ago
I took Kaylee swimming while BJ took Connor to pick up our 'Bountiful basket'. I then had some quality time with Connor while BJ took Kaylee swimming. Kaylee loves to swim and loves outside- so of course she was in heaven the whole day!
We didn't bring Kaylee's swimming suit so Kaylee just got all wet in her clothes. Here she is with her cousins Amara and Aiden.
They had water balloons for the kids to play with. Kaylee sat by the cooler and would pick them up and throw them one right after another. I finally had to go close the cooler so so she didn't throw them all before the other kids got to play with them.
The party was fun except for when Kaylee got stung by a bee. :( It was so sad. I was inside trying out a baby wrap with Connor and I heard Kaylee crying. I went outside to find out what was going on and found out that she got stung. It is sooo sad to see your kids hurt. I just wanted to hold her and make it all better right then and there. I quickly thought of what my mom had always taught us and started making a paste of water and baking soda. She was still crying after I put it on so when others were giving suggestions of other ways to try to remedy the situation I let them try it. I later realized that I just needed to give it some time to work.
Kaylee didn't cuddle very long before she wanted to go back outside and play again.
Grandma Sherry
Post a Comment