8/7/14 9:30 AM

(0) Comments

Kaylee learns to ride without training wheels

Beej & Chris

Kaylee has been trying on and off to rider her bike without training wheels ever since one of them came off while she was riding her bike ha ha

We finally decided to make an extra effort and really practice for a few days in a row. It takes a lot of patience to teach a toddler how to ride a bike ha ha, but we made it through. I kept telling Kaylee I was going to let go of her but made sure she knew how to stop if she needed to. She hated the fact that I admitted I was going to let go. But ever since Kaylee was little, she has ALWAYS done better if I tell her exactly what is happening (including when she is going to get a shot at the doctors office). I explained to her that if I never let go then she would never learn to ride by herself. Kaylee being the brave girl she is took off and let me let her go. 

She had started riding a few times but whenever I let go she would immediately stop. I told her "Just keep going", so this last time when I let go I said "Kaylee, just keep going!! You can do it" and next thing I hear as Kaylee is riding her bike, she is saying to herself "Just keep going, just keep going, just keep going" until she got to the end of the sidewalk. I almost cried I was SO PROUD of my sweet girl. I loved how she motivated herself with words that I had taught her. 

Here she is giving a thumbs up for her hard work!
She still struggles with starting on her own, but we will get that soon enough. For now, if she is started she will ride and ride her little heart out. Can't believe how grown up she has become :(
0 Responses to "Kaylee learns to ride without training wheels "

Post a Comment