12/11/14 8:07 AM

(0) Comments

First day of house showings

BJ

Our house finally made it on the MLS.  We'd had the sign up for a few weeks, but were working out our financing, so it had to wait until all of that was done.  The first day it was up we had 2 people who wanted to come and take a look at it.

We spent a lot of time making sure things were as clean as we could get them.  The first person was supposed to show up at 3pm and Christie had to work that day at 2.  We had cleaned most everything and I had a few things to finish before I would leave with the kids.  At 2:30, the doorbell rings.  It's our 3pm appointment, but fortunately it was just a realtor who was looking at the property for an investment firm to see if they wanted to try and buy it.  The kids and I just stayed here while he looked at things.

Our next appointment was scheduled between 8 and 830 pm.  Normally I wouldn't want people coming at that time, but since it was our first day, I figured I could drive around with the kids while they fell asleep.  We had the house looking really good and so we headed out just before 8 to look at the Christmas lights.  Both kids were asleep by just before 830, so I drove back down towards the house and parked just down the street.  There were no cars, but I figured I'd wait to see if anyone showed up.  At 845, I figured no one was coming and so we pulled in the garage and I put the kids up in their beds.

I was turning off lights and closing blinds upstairs when I looked out the front window to see people getting out of cars in front of my house... CRAP!  I frantically turned the lights back on and grabbed Connor, ran downstairs, threw him in the car and ran back up for Kaylee.  They both stayed asleep while I waited a minute in the car with garage closed hoping to time things to leave after they'd entered the house.  When I opened the garage, the realtor and prospective buyers walked in the garage and said I could stay while they looked.  I chose to leave - nothing like feeling rushed to look through a home.  I drove around the block and parked down the street again.

After they left, I drove home and opened the garage.  I went to open the door to find it locked!  Because they hadn't gone in the front door, they went out through the garage door and locked the door.  I didn't have a spare key and so I quickly called our realtor.  He had the buying agent return, open the lock box and let me in the house.  It was frustrating in the moment, but really pretty entertaining after the fact.  The kids slept through all the fun. :)
0 Responses to "First day of house showings"

Post a Comment