12/18/14 11:37 AM

(0) Comments

Zoo Lights

Beej & Chris

We found out the Zoo lights at Hogle Zoo are discounted on Thursday nights with a coupon from Wendy's. I had plans to have my nursing school friends over to our house that night at 7:30pm, so we quickly packed up and headed to the Zoo so we could be there right as the lights started at 5:30pm. 

  This was the first time any of us had been to the Zoo lights before. We didn't get to see many animals, but the kids really enjoyed seeing the lights made into animals! I am glad we went, though I don't think it needs to be a yearly tradition. They did have Santa Clause there but the line was crazy long so we just waved to him as we passed.



Kaylee plugging her nose because of the stinky animals





We were able to stay at the zoo for about an hour before headed to the car. An hour was a pretty good amount of time, though next time I think we will plan on an hour in a half so we don't feel as rushed. As we were leaving it was apparent that the kids were pretty tired. Kaylee was throwing a fit and as she pulled away from me she ran smack into a pole in front of several people. She then started yelling "MOM- You made me get hurt! You hurt me!" I really tried not to laugh as I told her "Kaylee- you ran into a pole. I didn't do anything. You weren't watching where you were going". Gotta love kids and the fact that they blame you for everything :)

We made it home five minutes before 7:30pm. I quickly ate some dinner while BJ took the kids up to bed. Soon after all my nursing school friends came by. We talked and laughed and laughed some more. Everyone brought toppings and ice cream for an ice cream bar which we enjoyed later on in the night. Everyone stayed till just after 11pm. It was such a fun night. I love this group of ladies. We are all so different but so similar at the same time. I love how well we all get a long together. Thanks Nina for visiting Utah from Milwaukee so we had an excuse to all get together. Can't wait till we do it again!

0 Responses to "Zoo Lights "

Post a Comment