6/6/15 9:26 PM

(0) Comments

Half Marathon Goal

Beej & Chris

Ever since my knee surgery, my knees have been doing soooo much better. So, I decided to attempt a goal that I have set before but wasn't able to achieve due to my bad knees. I set the goal to run a half marathon in September. I found a 10 week training schedule that I decided to follow. It recommended being able to run 3 miles a few days a week consistently before starting the program. So, I started running and increasing my endurance so I could start the training.
One of the nights that I went running from the apartment it started to rain. It ended up POURING on my on my way home. It was harder running in the rain- but I LOVED it. It is so unbelievable being able to RUN. I am just sooo grateful that my knees were healed from that surgery. The orthopedic surgeon told me that I have arthritis in both knees, and running would just make things worse sooner. But since I have been unable to do a lot because of my bad knees for years- I just couldn't not go out and do those things I haven't been able to do... out of fear. I figure- I gotta enjoy it while it lasts!



My running time is slow, but I am not running the race for time. I am running to achieve a big goal, which I am excited to do!
0 Responses to "Half Marathon Goal "

Post a Comment