12 years ago
We are getting closer and closer to having our new home built in West Bountiful. Everyday we took a picture of the house being built. Almost everyday there was something new which was so exciting to watch. People ask me all the time if I would ever build a house again....and right now the answer is No. 1- because we are planning on having this be our Forever Home and 2- it is SOOO stressful.
Building the house was a rollercoaster of emotions. There were points where we were really excited and many where we were stressed, sad, and overwhelmed. They say building a house can be hard on your marriage. There were times we would disagree about something, but honestly- I think we did good at staying as a team which strengthened our marriage even more. There was one time that the builders said some negative things about me, and BJ jumped right up and stood up for me. It mean the World to me! Even though, it was a long and stressful road- I am grateful for the many things I learned about myself and the many things BJ and I learned about each other.
We asked the builders to let us know when they lay the driveway so that we could come and put our hand prints in the cement. They didn't let us know ha ha BUT we had an amazing neighbor (Paige Bangeter) that called and let me know when they were there!
We attempted to have Ashlynn put her handprints in....but she just grabbed the cement
So, we did her footprint instead.
These kids were amazing throughout the building process. We toted them around to the carpet place, granite place, tile place etc... and they were such troopers. We are excited to make this house our home.
Post a Comment