12 years ago
Kaylee and Connor helping dad get the elbow sprinkler parts ready
and then laughing about the "elbows" ha ha
Getting ready for sprinklers has been a lot of work! BJ called around to get quotes on having someone come to trench for us. One of the people he called happened to be in our old ward/neighborhood in Woods Cross- Rob Vandergrift. He came out and gave us a lot of tips and offered to do more than trench for a crazy good deal. BJ did all the hard work when it came to the sprinklers, but Rob used his machinery to help us out a lot including trenching for us. BJ slowly worked on the sprinklers every chance he had. We were getting pretty close when I went outside and found the trenches slowly filling up with water. I couldn't figure out what had happened but I knew it wasn't good.
I called BJ but he didn't answer so I got a bucket and just started dumping water as fast as I could. I thought we must have hit a sprinkler in our neighbors yard but was confused because the water wasn't on it. After having our neighbor Phil come over we realized the water had been turned on that morning and we had indeed hit one of the neighbors sprinkler heads. They didn't ever turn their water off for the winter so it just started filling the trenches up with water. I was anxious to finish sprinklers so I stayed out there dumping water so it would dry up allowing BJ to work on it when he got home from work.
While I was out working on it a lady just down the street (Sherri Urry) saw me and jumped right in to help. She literally jumped into the mud hole and dug the water out. While she was in there doing that she slipped on the mud and fell in. I LOVED that she just jumped right in to help without really knowing me that well. The Urry's are the sweetest people. Her daughter Marissa has come to babysit our kids a few times. They are just sincere people who really care and want to help others.
Ashlynn was helping play in the mud too
The before all the grass picture
When we told Connor the sprinklers were done he ran inside to get into his swim suit ha ha. He was soooo ready to run through those sprinklers. Connor wanted grass more than any of the kids. He would find little seeds in his food or would find weeds and would plant his "grass" all over. He thought it would magically grow the grass over night. It was the cutest thing.
BJ really impressed me with all of his knowledge and expertise with the sprinklers. He did a great job and worked his butt of every single day without much help. I was really impressed!
Ashlynn wearing her new helmet as she tried out her boot scoot
Post a Comment