12 years ago
This year for memorial day we ran the 5 k as a family. Dad ended up running ahead of us with the kids while Nate and I stayed behind for a bit. We weren't sure if BJ was going to make it since he stayed and waited till the kids woke up before he headed our way. They ended up waking up in time and he headed our way. He is so amazing to let me go with Nate to run and stay home with the kids. He is THE MOST supportive husband I could ever have imagined having.
Kaylee rode her bike while Connor and Ashlynn rode in the bike trailer
Way to go team!
Free breakfast for all those that ran the 5k! Sweeet!
After breakfast the kids went into the firehouse and got a fire hat. The kids loved climbing out of the fire house and learning the importance of safety. Kaylee has been super nervous about fires so I thought this would help. She still worries a lot about it and has been worried about having bad dreams about our house catching on fire. She is at that age where she is still figuring out all the many things in life that can happen and has some irrational fears at times.
After breakfast and getting cleaned up we headed over to the cemetery to visit Grandpa Parker's grave
Ashlynn loving on my dad
I then took the kids golfing and swimming at Cherry Hill. We LOVE our passes! We were so excited to go on the first day it was opened. This year we got King of the Hill passes, so golfing is including. Since Connor is still obsessed with golfing we knew getting that pass would be of great value.
BJ stayed home with Ashlynn while she took a nap and I enjoyed some time with the kiddos. It was perfect.
Post a Comment