2/6/11 11:41 AM

(1) Comments

February 5th- the BEST day ever!

Beej & Chris

ZERMATT RESORT






Let me start out by saying that I LOVE birthdays. I think they are so much fun and I love to make them a big deal. BJ thinks I am a little weird because he would be happy if we didn't do anything for his birthday. What a crazy guy! ha ha jk I know I am the unique one here.




So I have been telling BJ for months how much I want to go on a vacation. We wanted to get away before we had our baby boy in June but since BJ doesn't have much PTO with his new job and all the expenses we have coming up we have been holding off. BJ then started looking at a "mini vacation"; somewhere close that wouldn't cost that much but would be fun. After a few searches, he found the Zermatt Resort in Midway. We signed up for a deal that would include dinner, the hotel for one night and breakfast the next morning. We decided to make it a combo birthday and valentines day celebration.




My parents once again were AMAZING and took Kaylee in for the weekend. We left Friday Feb 4th right after BJ got home for work and headed out. We had reservations for dinner at 7pm. We got to the hotel just in time to get ready and head to dinner. The restaurant was FANCY. I even got to wear my dress I bought in Italy. I was a little nervous because it was a seafood buffet night. (they had EVERYTHING- crab, lobster, sushi, catfish, salmon and much more) But lucky for me they also had steak and ribs- not to mention all the other extras (salad, potatoes, fruit, even chicken fingers and fries). BJ was so brave and tried a lot of new things he has never had before. I was really brave too- and tried a few desserts I had never had before! :)







The bread was so good I took some with me for later :)


The deal we bought online ended up being a good deal, due to the quality and quantity of food dinner would have cost around $80. It was really good and super fancy but that is a lot of money for two!


After dinner we got changed and went swimming! I love swimming!! Their pool was attached to another pool outside. Yes I said OUTSIDE! The water was a little bit cooler than the inside pool but the wind outside made it pretty cold. I went out there twice with BJ and both times when I got back it took me a bit to catch my breath. If the wind wasn't soo cold it really wouldn't have been that bad.




This is BJ coming in from the outside pool


Hot Tub



This picture does not show how FREEZING it was. But it is proof I went outside with BJ


C..O.......O.....L.....D


getting ready to go swimming





BJ and I had so much fun acting like little kids swimming together. He might be embarrassed that I tell you this- but this is what I love about him. We both taught each other water aerobics. And can I just say that BJ would make a very good water aerobics teacher. ha ha So fun!



After a restful sleep in the most comfortable bed ever!!! We headed to the Wellness Center on the 3rd floor in the Hotel. BJ exercised while I sat and relaxed here.







My FAVORITE ROOM! It was soo warm and relaxing. I stayed in here for a LONG time. I Love LOVED it.


Not only was it relaxing but they also provided some yummy treats






The bathrooms each had their own sauna and steam room oh and anything you could think of (Shampoo, hair spray, deodorant, hair gel, lotions etc..). BJ was exercising and I looked at him and said, "I will be right back. I have to go hairspray me hair". I totally felt like a princess







After the Wellness Center we headed to the Bistro for breakfast. I ordered a Hot Chocolate and this is what they brought me!

Delish!













It was wonderful! They gave us a menu and told us to order whatever we wanted because it was included in our deal. We both got omelets that were soo good. The bill for breakfast would have been $37.00. Crazy!


BJ and I were very impressed with the Zermatt Resort and plan to take another "mini vacation" there again. Maybe next time I will go get a massage :) It seriously was soo much fun and a great price for all that was included!



Saturday Feb 5th we headed to Park City for some shopping. I looked at a lot of cute boy clothes- getting me excited to have this little munchkin in June! We literally shopped till we couldn't shop anymore. It was a lot of fun.




This is what BJ would look like if he was 20 weeks pregnant


I LOVED this shirt and wanted BJ to buy it soo bad. But it didn't fit right so he didn't get it. Too bad cause he sure looks good in this picture!! He did get the pants though and I love them as well! BJ NEVER buys clothes so this was a big step for him. Yes they were in the clearance section and he got a great deal. But he bought himself pants and it wasn't his birthday or Christmas!


We then rushed home to see our sweet little Kaylee. Got ready for my cousin Sam's baptism and headed out. After the baptism we went to dinner at the Pizza Factory. It was the best weekend. I got time away with BJ, but also got to spend time with my family. Can I say it one more time. I LOVE BIRTHDAYS!!!!


1 Response to "February 5th- the BEST day ever!"
Anonymous said :
February 10, 2011 at 11:08 AM
Fun! It's SO nice to get away with the husband every once in a while!

Post a Comment