2/14/11 9:27 AM

(1) Comments

I am not old enough....

Beej & Chris

Saturday night our stake was having a Valentines dance. As most of you know- BJ and I LOVE to dance!! I put BJ in charge of finding a babysitter and he did a great job. He found a YW in our ward that has always come up to Kaylee to love on her at church, so we knew she would be a great fit. BJ wrote out instructions and gave the YW all the instructions she needed and swept
me away for dinner and to the dance. We met up with 5 or 6 other couples and ate dinner at the Salt City Burger Company (which was delicious!!!).
We then went and got our groove on at the dance. Man am I out of shape. We did one swing dance and I was huffing and puffing in the middle of the dance...but it sure was a lot of fun and brought back a lot of good memories. BJ used to go dancing every week! And as many of you know- we met at a swing dancing studio (Studio 600 to be exact). We sure do miss dancing. But plan to go on a few more dates dancing in the future.
Now to the title of this post. I am not old enough..or at least I don't feel old enough to be driving home a babysitter. I know it sounds silly. But it was just last year (ok maybe not- but it sure feels like it) that I was in the passenger seat being taken home after I babysat my neighbors kids. I remember the moms and dads who drove me home. They were older than me. Weren't they? It is just crazy how time flies. I am a MOM- soon to be a mom with TWO kids!
1 Response to "I am not old enough...."
the laytons. said :
February 14, 2011 at 8:50 PM
First of all, about the singing.. you are incredible to even have the nerve to get up there and sing! I sing to & i know exactly how you feel. If you ever find a cure for the shaking lip and legs please share with me! I bet it was beautiful still :)
Second, Yay for dancing!! Grae and i love to dance too & our stake valentines dance is on saturday! I still haven't gotten a babysitter for brin so i can only imagine how weird that will feel to drive them home. It really does seem like just yesterday i was babysitting too!

Post a Comment